Colli di Conegliano Doc
The wines of the Veneto region have always been synonymous to high-quality wines. Famous and appreciated both in Italy and abroad, the Docs of this region are distinguished from others for the quantities produced. The varieties of cultivated vineyards in Veneto are numerous, as are also the number of different methods of growing vines such as the trellised vines of the Verona area. The DOC Colli di Conegliano includes the Bianco, Rosso, Refrontolo Passito and Torchiato di Fregona versions.
The Bianco is served with lobster salad, rice with sepia, baccalà, soup, and is served in flared tulip-shaped chalices at 8-10°C. The Rosso is served with meat, such as lamb loins, pickled pork, Asiago and Piave cheese, rice in Treviso style and chicory. It is served in Bordeaux chalices at a temperature of 16-18°C. The Colli di Conegliano Doc Torchiato di Fregona is used in the preparation of sweets and unleavened cakes such as jam tarts, chestnut and honey cakes, 'baicoli' cakes (typical Venetian biscuits which are dipped in wine), and very spicy herbal cheese. It is served in tulip-shaped chalices at a temperature of 10-12°C, within three years after vintage and more. The Refrontolo Passito is also served at the end of a meal, and so served with sweets, dry cakes, in tulip-shaped medium-sized chalices at a temperature of 10-12°C.
The labeling of Colli di Conegliano Doc
Each label must carry a mention of the Controlled Denomination of Origin besides all the other indications foreseen by law, such as:
The determined Region from which the product originates;
Denomination of the product composed of the combination of the variety of the vine from which the wine originates and the geographic area in which that variety is cultivated;
Nominal volume of the wine;
Name or company name of the bottler and its registered address;
Number and code of the bottler, which may also appear on the closing system (cork or cap);
Name of the Country;
Indication of the batch;
- The Colli di Conegliano Doc is a table wine produced in the versions Bianco, Rosso, Torchiato di Fregona, Refrontolo passito
- In the Bianco the grapes of the Incrocio Manzoni 6.0.13 (Riesling renano x Pinot Bianco) (30%), Pinot Bianco and/or Chardonnay (30%), Sauvignon and/or Riesling (10%). The Rosso is produced with grapes from Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Marzemino and Merlot vines for a total of 10 to 40%; other grapes, at 10%, of the Incrocio Manzoni 2.15 variety can also be used. The Refrontolo passito is produced from Marzemino grapes and 5% grapes from other black-seed grapes of the area. The Torchiato di Fregona is obtained from Prosecco (30% minimum), Verdiso (30% minimum), Boschera (25%) grapes and other white-seed grapes authorised by the province of Treviso.
- The Colli di Conegliano Bianco is pale yellow in colour, with a characteristic pleasant and aromatic scent, a dry, sapid, fine taste and a minimum gradation of 11°C. The Rosso is ruby red in colour tending towards garnet red. It has a winy and pleasant scent, harmonic, tannic. The minimum gradation is 12°C. The Colli di Conegliano Doc Torchiato di Fregona is golden yellow in color, the scent is intense and characteristic, the taste is dry to sweet, full and persistent. The alcoholic gradation is 16°C. The Refrontolo Passito is ruby red in colour; the scent is winy, pleasant, delicate and characteristic. The taste is sweet, velvety, harmonic and sapid. The minimum alcoholic gradation is 15°C.
- Area of production
- In includes the areas of Conegliano, Susegana, Pieve di Soligo, Farra di Soligo, Refrontolo, San Pietro di Feletto, Miane, Follina, Cison di Valmarino, Revine Lago, Tarzo, Vittorio Veneto, Fregona, Sarmede, Cappella Maggiore, Cordignano, Colle Umberto, San Fior, San Vendemiano and Vidor, in the province of Treviso
- Selling period
- All year long
- Normative references
- The Doc Colli di Conegliano has been recognised with DPR of 03.08.1993, issued on GU 196 of21.08.1993